GTEL HIGH SPEED INTERNET
Two super-fast ways to get your High Speed Internet:
GTEL's DSL Broadband or choose GTEL's NEW
* Fiber is not available in all areas - please call for availability.
(Digital Subscriber Line) service is a private, high-speed broadband
connection to the Internet.
Works right over your existing phone line, so you don’t need a second line.
Uses advanced filtering technology, so you can be on the phone and online – at the same time!
Is always on, so no more dialing, no more busy signals, no more waiting.
Is incredibly fast—up to 600x faster than standard dial-up Internet service!
Isn’t a shared technology (like cable modems)—you have your own private “pipe” right to the Internet, giving you superior security and uncompromised speeds. (No slow-downs when all the kids in the neighborhood get home from school!)
Is highly reliable (due to GTel’s state-of-the-art network of two independently operating fiber optic rings), giving you the reliability you need to stay connected to friends, family and business associates.
DSL HIGH SPEED INTERNET LEVELS
• All plans require a one year commitment, no monthly modem fee, and no wireless fee.
• Installation fees may apply.
• Actual speeds may vary slightly based on location.
• All GTel DSL packages require a computer with an Ethernet card or an available slot for an Ethernet card.
• GTel DSL is both Mac and PC compatible.*
* DSL supports Windows XP or later and Mac OS9 or higher.
ADDITIONAL SPEEDS AND PRICING AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE OF GTEL'S PHONE TERRITORY.
Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Technology
Fiber-to-the-home is the delivery of information, communication, and entertainment services over optical fiber directly into the homes and businesses that fall within a specific coverage area. The fiber will replace all copper lines (traditional telephone wires) and coaxial cables. The same services you enjoy today will be provided via a single fiber with higher bandwidth for increased data flow. Please call 537-4835 to see if you are located in our fiber coverage area.
Advantages of Fiber
• FTTH (Fiber-to-the-Home):
A single fiber connection from the closest switching center to each individual residence.
• Future-Proof Architecture:
Bandwidth can be increased as applications require. No need for updated equipment outside your home.
• 100% Digital Video Transmission:
All Channels will be 100% digital with high quality pictures and HD channels available.
• Increased Speeds:
Incredibly fast downstream and upstream data transmissions make it easy when streaming video & music, as well as receiving digital photos and large email attachments.
• Fewer Restrictions:
Multiple devices in your home share your DSL bandwidth (i.e. iPad, iPod, Xbox, Playstation, Netflix, Kindle, and/or multiple computers). Fiber can provide more bandwidth than copper, allowing many of these devices to work at once with little loss of speed (depending on the speed of your package).
• Peace of Mind:
Access your information even faster when trying to work from home. Never be late to another web-meeting or Skype call again!
Rain, rain, go away! Fiber cables, unlike copper cables, are not as easily affected by bad weather conditions. This means, no more static on your phone lines or snowy pictures on your TV during rain storms.
Please Note: Actual speeds are not guaranteed and will vary based on factors such as the condition of wiring inside your home or business; computer configuration; the server speed of the Web sites accessed; and network or Internet congestion.
FIBER HIGH SPEED INTERNET LEVELS
• All plans require a one year commitment, no monthly modem fee, an no wireless fee.
• Installation fees may apply.
• Actual speeds may vary slightly based on location and equipment.
• All GTel Internet packages require a computer with an Ethernet card or wireless adapter.
• GTel is both Mac and PC compatible.*
* GTel Internet supports Windows XP or later and Mac OS9 or higher.